Wednesday, July 20, 2011

10,000 Time a Day

Do it 10,000 times a day.

That's my new goal.  Before you jump to conclusions, I'm talking about walking, specifically 10,000 steps a day. (Click on link above). I've only hit that mark once, but I am walking more.  My first day with my new pedometer, I discovered I was almost stationary - only about 1500 steps.  


Fortunately I live in a place that is easy to take interesting walks.


The shuttle, Atlantis, on it's final  launch

A very green lizard.








Interesting wildflowers - these were in yards in my neighborhood.  Some may call them weeds, but isn't a weed just a plant growing where we don't want it to grow?

And this hawk was on a neighborhood roof - I thought it was a stuffed one at first, but he turned his head slowly and intently watched as I walked by.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What kind of a pedometer did you get?

Lyn said...

I ordered one from the Cleveland Clinic website here:http://www.360-5.com/Pages/CCWProducts.aspx?cat=WellnessCatalog&category=Walking

It's a long link, but the one I use is the top left image.

I also have a cheap one from Walmart - works fine, too.