Thursday, December 30, 2010

A NEW ADDICTION


Like I needed a new addiction!  Tawashis!  They are little sponge replacements, scrubby things - to washie your dishie!  Actually they seem to be of Japanese origin.  Made from acrylic yarn, they are quick to make, great to use.  Just abrasive enough to clean stuck on food, gentle enough for cleaning counter tops, etc.

To make one:  Cast on about 12 - 15 stitches with two strands acrylic yarn using about a size nine needle, knit until approximately square.  Bind off.
OR - Crochet ( I like this best).  Use two strands of acrylic yarn and a F or G hook,  Chain about 12-15, turn & hdc in each stitch.  Continue in rows until approximately square.

3 comments:

deb did it said...

I love using mine you made for me.....I keep on in the car for dusting the dashboard...I am crazy about these! Send me more!!

kt said...

These are so pretty and colorful and we need this kind of thing when it comes to cleaning a little cheer:)
kt

Unknown said...

this looks like a knitting project I could handle.

popping in to say how much I love your daughter:)

x..x
steph