Monday, February 25, 2008

My Mother

RUBIMAE TORRANCE
March 5, 1911 - February 24, 2008

She passed away Sunday - Feb 24th. As I prepare for the trip to Fort Worth, Texas, my feelings are mixed. Her last few years were not the Mother we grew up knowing. So the fact that her suffering was short term is a blessing. But it is always painful to look back and perhaps think, " I wish I had done, said more".

She was a strong woman, widowed in her mid-forties with two teens and a seven-year old daughter - I'm afraid I didn't fully appreciate her.

So, Mother - rest peacefully.

For some great pictures follow the link to Deb's Blog.

7 comments:

morningDove said...

I know she will be missed even though she lived a great, long life. You are in my prayers.

Lori said...

I am so sorry for your loss... God Bless Mom.
Lori

Normajean said...

Dear Lyn,
I'm so sorry for your loss. My sincere heartfelt sympathy to you and to your family. You are in my thouughts and prayers.
Hugs, Normajean Brevik

Michelle said...

Lyn, I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. Michelle

Lilyweeds at Augusta Kent Studio said...

Lyn, I am so very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. you are in my thoughts and prayers. Diana

Anonymous said...

Lyn, I am sending comforting prayers during this sad time. Your Mother was a strong woman and left wonderful memories...embrace these thoughts and know she is still with you in spirit. Hugs, Jan

Sloan Yorek said...

Dear Family of Rubimae,
I do not intend to sound unkind but I have found no other way to reach family other than here. I have clients who would like to purchase the property at 2340 Lipscomb Street in Fort Worth. Please forgive this method of communication. You can contact me at 817-223-5435 or Sloan@BrantsRealtors.com
With Sympathy and Respect, Sloan Yorek