Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another month - - another new trick!



The posting is late, but I did my January new project and finished an "old" one.



First the new. I took a fabric collage class with Ellen Linder.
Here is the picture I used for inspiration



And here is the finished picture. It was fun! We cut and glued - just like kids! Ellen's web site is Adventurequilter.com. And she offers online classes




My "something old" was a basket for a wedding gift. It just needed a handle - but I couldn't find the right thing. Finally - a glasss button caught my attention, perfect! Inside the lid are a mother of pearl heart and two seahorse charms. The couple have seahorses in their aquarium.

2 comments:

deb did it said...

this quilt is amazing..it is so damn beautiful.
yes, I cussed on your Blog!
I am so proud of you!
love, your daughter, Deb

morningDove said...

Lyn: as I stated earlier this basket is to dye-for, can I say I'm getting married and receive one? lol
and your quilting class paid off bc your quilt is gorgeous. now that i know you blog i will check back in. your lizard friend in Va.