Thursday, February 3, 2011

A FEW NEW FRIENDS

EGRET BEWARE!
LURKING!

A friendlier critter


And my favorite walking companion, a seagull.


This past few weeks, I have renewed my resolve to go for a walk almost daily.  For a break from my usual neighborhood with it's manicured lawns and fences and paved driveways, I am seeking out new places.

The 'gator lives at a nearby park  only about a half mile from my house.  The squirrel was viewed scampering with friends at another park.  And yesterday, while most of the rest of the U.S. was shivering, I walked barefoot on the beach.



Happily may I walk. 

Happily, with abundant dark clouds, may I walk. 

Happily, with abundant showers, may I walk. 
Happily, with abundant plants, may I walk. 
Happily, on a trail of pollen, may I walk. 
Happily may I walk. 
Being as it used to be long ago, may I walk.


-navajo-chant-for-happiness

1 comment:

deb did it said...

I can hear you now...!~chanting, walking, chanting~ I love you and can't wait to walk with you again!!