Thursday, May 6, 2010

COMFORT and CONNECTIONS

So, here's my art inspiration for this week.  The emphasis was to create a comfortable time and place to create.  Sounds like a good idea - but no bunny shoes for me! Barefeet are my idea of comfort.




CONNECTION!
A few weeks ago I purchased some arts & crafts items that had belonged to an artist - unknown to me.  There were fiber things, a box of copper enameling supplies.  And this unusual ceramic piece, unglazed, with holes around the edges.  Perhaps it was intended to be a basket base?  As I looked through the pages of notes and sketches, contemplated the patterns and tried to decide what the ceramic base was intended for - and what I might create from it, I felt a connection with her.  So perhaps some day my collections of art supplies and unfinished projects will become a connection to a future artist.

1 comment:

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - what a cool selection of things.